To the left of the front door are two sets of glass double doors leading to the garden. Go through these doors into the garden, turn right and you will see a separate building down some steps. This is the pool.
Any item with wheels such as a buggy can be left on the driveway - they cannot be taken onto the grass or pool hall.
Payment covers 5 swimming sessions. Unfortunately, we are unable to refund swimming fees if you are unable to attend for any reason.
Swimming with Mother to Mother
Please read the following prior to making your payment
Mother to Mother Swimming Terms and Conditions:
These terms and conditions have been written jointly by the premises manager and by Mother to Mother. Please note that by booking a bloc of swimming lessons, you enter into a direct agreement with the premises, under whose insurance, liability and general auspices the sessions will be run.
1. Children must be accompanied by a mother (or an authorised female) at all times. Guardians will be provided seating around the pool during the lessons. Please do not move the furniture. Please take care of the blinds, use the facilities with care and wear foot-covers at all times.
2. Masks must be worn at all times from the point of entering Woodside Close. Temperature will be taken of everyone entering the pool hall. Anyone with symptoms of COVID-19, or who has a member of their household with any signs or symptoms should not arrive at the premises. Symptoms include a new continuous cough, high temperature and/or loss of, or change to sense of smell or taste.
3. Lessons will be held at: 9 Woodside Close, Stanmore, HA7 3AJ (the premises). This is a quiet residential area so please respect the neighbours and ensure minimum noise and inconvenience is caused.
4. Please do not arrive at the premises more than 10 minutes before the lesson and please leave within 15 minutes after the lesson. Try to wear swim clothes to minimise changing time.
5. Parking is not permitted on the drive of the premises or in Woodside Close because the road needs to remain accessible for neighbours and emergency vehicles. Free parking is available on Green Lane HA7 3AB from 10:00 in the morning or at any time over the weekends.
6. No photography, videos, or social media anywhere on the premises or in the pool hall – even for personal memories. Only publicity permissible is that provided by Aqua Lessons. Please respect that the premises is a private home. Breach of this clause will result in recompense of £1,000.
7. All incidents, including injuries, concerns, problems or disagreements must be reported promptly to Sabira Lakha on her mobile: 07957 140 936.
8. The teacher will be qualified from either the Amateur Swimming Association (ASA) or the Swimming Teachers Association (STA) and will have a valid DBS (previously CRB) check. She will teach the ASA syllabus for 30 minutes in line with ASA guidance.
9. The water will be maintained at approximately 32 degrees Celsius, kept chemically cleaned and filtered by a professional pool company.
10. Food, drink and smoking is strictly prohibited on the premises – except for plain water.
11. No running, shouting or acting inappropriately on the premises - failure will result in parents or adult swimmers being responsible for any injury, damage or nuisance caused.
12. Swimmers and parents are fully responsible for all their and their children’s belongings.
13. Any item with wheels such as a buggy can be left on the driveway - they cannot be taken onto the grass or pool hall.
14. ALL personal rubbish including nappies, sanitary pads and tissues must be taken away.
15. Swimmers and parents are responsible for themselves and their children at all times when on the premises, including the pool hall and in the swimming pool when not in a lesson.
16. Swimmers should wait for the teacher’s instruction before entering the pool and must tell the teacher before leaving the pool during the lesson.
17. Parents waiting on the side must not interrupt lessons by speaking or approaching the teacher or the children - unless it is a matter of health and safety or instructed by the teacher.
18. Safety is of paramount importance – the teacher can ask a swimmer or parent to leave at any time.
19. Please remove footwear at the entrance of the pool hall and place it on a shelf. For non-swimmers please use the covers provided and dispose of them in the basket
20. Swimmers should not eat for at least 30 minutes before the lesson.
21. Swimmers must go to the toilet, if required, before the lesson to maximise learning time. Parents are responsible for checking if their children have left the toilet clean.
22. No jewellery to be worn during swimming lessons.
23. A swimming cap must be worn by all swimmers (except babies). Hair must be tucked inside the cap.
24. Swimmers must shower before entering the pool as this helps to keep the water clean - lotions and makeup impact significantly on the filtration of the water. Poolside showers will be provided for rinsing only – soaps and shampoos are not allowed as they will damage the chemical balance and filtration of the water.
25. To maintain privacy please keep away from the blinds at all times.
26. Hairdryers or any electrical goods are not permitted due to health & safety regulations.
27. In consideration of health and safety, children who are not fully toilet trained must wear secure waterproof nappies suitable for swimming.
28. Swimmers should not swim if unwell - including bad cold, infection or stomach issues of any kind.
29. Swimmers should also not swim if they or anyone they have been in contact with has been sick or suffered from diarrhea in the seven days before the lesson.
30. Swimmers/parents could be financially responsible for the total cost of closing the pool if proper precaution is not taken to avoid incidents such as nappy leaks or being sick in the pool.
31. Notification of pool closure will be given as soon as reasonably possible. Please check WhatsApp for messages before your lessons.
32. Lessons will coincide with school terms, but this may not always be possible due to religious days.
33. When booking lessons, every effort will be made to provide the time and day requested by a parent or swimmer, but it may not always be possible to do so. Please, never discuss bookings and arrangements directly with the teachers as that is not their responsibility.
34. Refunds, credits or catch-up lessons will not be provided for: absences by the parent or swimmer (including for holiday, sickness, menstruation, emergency or exclusion) or if the pool is closed due to reasons outside the control of Aqua Lessons (such as bad weather, natural disasters, disease) or for reasons as a result of them.
36. If you are unable to attend a lesson please let us know as soon as possible. If you are unable to attend, you may not send someone else in your place, due to our health and safety policies and terms and conditions of the venue. You may, however, give/swap your space to another regular attendee of Mother to Mother swimming sessions.
37. If the pool is closed due to teacher absenteeism (if replacement is not possible) or operational issues (with the pool or the premises), then free lessons will be offered where possible. These will be known as credits.
38. Mother to Mother is currently offering bookings of one bloc to each mother per term at a subsidised rate. We may be able to offer additional blocs - please note each bloc is charged at £30.
39. Payments are non refundable for bloc bookings, whatever the reason for non-attendance. Payment covers 4 swimming sessions. Unfortunately, we are unable to refund swimming fees if you are unable to attend for any reason.
40. Failure to comply with these terms and conditions, damage to property, disruptive behaviour, nuisance or danger to others, could result in an exclusion or recompense of up to £1,000.
If you are unable to attend, you may not send someone else in your place, due to our health and safety policies and terms and conditions of the venue. You may, however, give/swap your space to another regular attendee of Mother to Mother swimming sessions.
Lessons will be held at:
9 Woodside Close, Stanmore, HA7 3AJ
Don't forget a swimming cap and a swim nappy for your baby.
Any mother or baby with symptoms of COVID-19, or who has a member of their household who has tested positive and is isolating or has any signs or symptoms and awaiting test results should not arrive at the premises. Symptoms include a new continuous cough, high temperature and/or loss of, or change to sense of smell or taste.
Please be mindful of also not attending if you have any other upper respiratory tract symptoms such as a runny nose, sore throat, earache or if you are generally feeling unwell.